Thursday, August 1, 2013

Back To The Hospital

August 1, 2013 Day 97...... Well just when we thought things were moving forward we took several steps back  today! Scotty got up this morning not feeling very well at all. He told Deborah he was okay and for her to go on for her eye exam. Kristin arrives to keep Noah and to help Scotty and she noticed he was not very alert. This was around 9:30. He was very confused and he just didn't seem himself. She called me and I headed over to their house. When I got there I realized he was short of breathe, very hot and shivering all over. His ankles and feet were very swollen and his left knee was swollen. I got the nurse on the phone from the oncologist's office and she had me call the ambulance. I was able to get Deborah and she finished her eye appointment and came right on. Kristin and I immediately started his oxygen he had at the house. The ambulance attendants arrive and they agreed he was too sick for me to drive him. We went to CMC main ER and was there until about 4:30 and they moved him to ICU. They moved him again around 8:30 to the progressive floor unit. They told us with the amount of oxygen he was on he needed to be watched more carefully than if he were on a regular floor.  At this time they are telling us he has a very visible case of pneumonia in his right lung. They showed us the x-ray. They started IV antibiotics and are continuing to evaluate his problems. He has also developed some type of rash and we had 8 doctors tell us today that it was not shingles. So we are waiting to hear what they decide it is. And yes we had seen 8 doctors by the time the night was over and we had to tell his story 8 different times why we brought him in. JEEZ...They were taking him down for a CT scan sometime tonight of his lungs. We hope to know more in the morning. Deborah and I left the hospital around 6:45pm and stopped at a Penn Station in Charlotte for some food and a chance to thaw ! Those hospital rooms and ER rooms are so COLD ! Even the bathrooms make you shiver ! LOL !  I will go up for the early shift while Deborah takes care of some phone calls she needs to make and to situate Noah for the day.

My thoughts today are it is amazing how quick things can change in a matter of hours with one's health. Bobby and I were just over there last night and I took the pictures for the blog. Today he is a very sick man and he needs all the prayers he can get ! WOW !......

Please pray for Scotty, Deborah, and Noah. Also our brother Kenny who will be in CMC main in the am having a heart cath done.


No comments:

Post a Comment